Great North Lodges
Terms and Conditions for Great North Lodges as at April 2014.
1. The Lodges: Please note that all Lodges are privately owned and Great North Lodges act only as booking agents. Any difficulties or complaints while staying at the Lodges should be directed to the relevant owner – details are in each Lodge. The Lodges are: Beaver Creek Lodge (BCL), Wolf Lodge (WOL), Glenfeshie House (GFH), Twa Hoots Lodge (THL), Mountain Bear Lodge (MBL), Silver Birch Cottage (SBC), Heather Cottage (HCT), Eagle Lodge (EL), The Shieling (SH), Otter Pool Lodge (OPL), Red Squirrel Lodge (RSL), Pine Ridge Lodge (PR), Birchwood Lodge (BWL) , Burnside House (BH), Black Grouse Lodge (BGL)Rowan Cottage (RC), Thistle Cottage (TC), Aspen Lodge (AL), Old Mill on the Spey (OM), Two Farr Lodge(TFL), Cairn Lodge (CL), 3 The Steadings (3TS), Highland Lodge Estate (HLE) and Spey Cottage (SC)
2. Reservation Deposit – Booking deposits are non-refundable. A booking deposit is payable as follows: £300.00 per let is required for 3TS, BH, EL, SC, WOL, THL, SBC, OPL, CL, TC and HCT. £500.00 per let for BCL, GFH, RSL, BGL, PR, RC,TFL, MBL, SH, BWL, OM & AL. Please note: That for Festive Weeks double deposits are payable to make a booking.
3. Good Housekeeping Bond: A Good Housekeeping Bond will be charged at the following rates. Good Housekeeping Bonds are a security deposit against any damage or misuse to the property, and are refundable in full, provided there is no damage or breakages during your stay, and the property is respected, and left in the condition that you found it. This bond is due, along with any balance of rental at the time of final payment. WOL, THL, SBC, OPL, TC & HCT £100.00 per rental/week. EL, SC, 3TS - £150.00 per rental/week. MBL, HLE, OM, SH, RC, GFH, PR, AL, BCL, RSL, BH, BGL, CL & BWL - £300per rental/week. If any damage costs exceed the Bond Payment, Great North Lodges, reserve the right to charge the client automatically for any excess.
4. Reservations and payment of Rentals: Telephone reservations will be held as provisional reservations for 24 hours and MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit immediately. All cheques must be made payable to THE NAME OF THE LODGE booked. Payment by Credit or Debit Card is acceptable (Except THL & SC). No charge is made for paying deposit by Credit Card provided all payments are received within our published schedule. A Credit Card handling charge of 1.5% of the balance will be applied to balance payments, for late payment, when applicable, unless an Automatic Debit of the due balance is agreed on the due date at the time of booking. Should a material change be made to any confirmed reservation, a fee of £35.00 +VAT will be levied. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the Reservation deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation. The client becomes liable for the full balance of the rental ten weeks prior to arrival at the lodge. Sending a deposit will be deemed to be an acceptance of all the Terms and Conditions herein. Should a reservation be made within ten weeks of arrival, full payment must be made at the time of the initial reservation. Failure to pay the balance of rent by the due date will be treated, as cancellation and no refund will be made.
5. Payment: After a booking has been received and accepted with deposit paid, the client will be required to pay the full cost of the booking 10 weeks prior to the date of commencement of the rental period
6. Cancellations: If any booking is cancelled the full rental, or deposit is NOT refundable. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and received before the due date. As our lodges are all privately, individually owned, it is not possible to switch any booking to another lodge within the group.
7. Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of Deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
8. Holiday Insurance: As well as Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance clients are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the owner of the lodges or agent be held liable for any loss or damage to clients’ property. Further information, about holiday insurance, can be found in banks, Post Offices, building societies and from the providers of your home and car insurance. GNL Ltd do not provide such insurance.
9. VAT: VAT is charged on rental of AL, OPL and BGL , for the avoidance of doubt, this is included in the rental tariff. There is no VAT on the rental of any of the other Lodges. We reserve the right to alter this at any time.
10. Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday (Except SC which runs normally Saturday to Saturday) but weekend and short periods may be available. Rentals begin at 5.00pm (OPL 4pm) on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our reasonable discretion.
11. Damage: If there are any “accidents” or breakages during the stay please make a note and leave in the lodge for the housekeepers. You will be required to pay for replacements. The lodge will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that the private ownership of the lodge will be respected and that it will be left in decent order for the next guests. Any extra cleaning charges received by GNL, from the lodge owners, or our contract cleaners for excess cleaning, will be automatically passed on to the client.
12. Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as week long bookings. All lodges will be tastefully decorated with Christmas trees.
13. Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted in respect of any client under 21 years old. It is also as condition of booking that no Lodge can be sub-let to a Third Party by the Principal Guest. If this is found to be the case, the Third Party will have no legal right of occupancy and will be required to vacate the Lodge. If the party size exceeds the agreed maximum occupancy of the lodge, the owner may charge extra rental at their own discretion, or the let may be terminated early, with no refund.
14. Dissatisfaction: Should a client be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the Lodge Owners, Lodge maintenance Company, or the Great North Lodges office within 2 hours of arrival. The Client must also notify the Great North Lodges office immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Client being liable to any damages or defects. The owners or their representative may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
15. Pets: Family pets can be taken to most of the lodges but must sleep in their own beds, not those at the lodges. Pets are not allowed on the furniture at the lodges and a small extra cleaning charge of £35 per pet will be levied up to a maximum of £70. Dogs should not be left unattended. Must be kept on a lead and prohibited from fouling areas around the lodge. Any fouling must be cleaned up by the Dogs owner. Please note NO PETS allowed in OPL, AL, TFL, 3TS & HCT.
16. Bed Linen: Bed linen and towels for maximum occupancy are provided in the lodges.
17. Cots and High Chairs: Cots and High Chairs (One set per property) are provided free of charge but must be pre- booked prior to arrival. Bed linen & mattress are NOT provided for cots. Please note no cot or high chair is available for OPL.
18. Telephone: pay Telephones are available in the following lodges: BCL, GFH, MBL, BWL, AL.
19. Bunk Beds: All bunk beds are 2’6” wide, except MBL, OM & AL, which are 3’ wide.
20. Liability and responsibility: Neither the owners nor the letting agents can be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the properties.
21. Exclusion of The Rent Act: The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the client the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the aforementioned Act.
22. Snow: After a fresh very heavy snowfall sometimes the last approx. 200m to BCL can be difficult to pass. At BCL the steep hill after the underpass should not be attempted unless your vehicle is a 4X4 and you are an experienced winter driver. After the fall stops the road is usually passable in approx. one or two days.
23. Winter: It must be appreciated that the Lodges are situated in the Scottish Highlands where sometimes the weather can be severe. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the Lodge. As some of the lodges are in rural areas we recommend that you bring a torch.
24. Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action the owners cannot be held responsible for non- arrival of clients at the lodges and no refunds will be given. 25. Utilities: Any failure of Utility Services to any lodges, e.g. electricity, water supply, waste water services, TV signal, refuse collection, Oil or log delivery by third party suppliers which is totally beyond the control of the lodge owners. The owners cannot be held responsible in any way and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
26. 6 Night Booking: Please note 6 night bookings will be charged at the same rate as weekly bookings.
27. Digital Sky Television: The Sky TV package available varies from lodge to lodge, please check the individual lodge webpage for details. Any extra charges incurred by use of Sky interactive services (Red Button) will be charged directly to the client.
28. Smoking: We request that you do not smoke in any of the lodges. External ashtrays are provided.
29. Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the lodges.
30. Items left in Lodge: A minimum administration fee of £5.00, plus any postage & packing will be levied for return of items left in the lodge after your stay.
31. Payment Arrangement: Payments are made directly to the owners of the lodge booked or their company, please check with the GNL office. Cheques should be sent to Great North Lodges, The River House Stables, 2A Dalfaber Road, Aviemore, Inverness-shire, Scotland, PH22 1PU,
32. Hot Tub: Prior to your arrival at MBL, HLE, BCL, WOL, RSL, PRL, BWL, BH, RC, TC, AL, OM, TFL, BGL, CL and SH, you will be asked to sign a “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form, or submit online. This must be sent back to the GNL office, before a party can use the Tub. The party who signs the form will be held responsible for the Hot Tub operation during their stay. Please note that on occasion, for essential health & safety reasons, the water in the Tub may have to be changed before, or during your stay. This will make the Tub inoperable for up to 48 hours. Clients should be aware that this can happen. The Hot Tub must never be switched off at the mains during your stay. There may be an extra charge deducted from your bond, if the tub is switched off during your stay.
33. Development Works: Aviemore and Strathspey is currently undergoing a major expansion and improvement. New buildings and road works are evident. The owners have no control over these works and therefore have no liability for them regarding delays or nuisance
34. Stair gates: The stair gates at MBL & TFL should be fitted and used only under adult supervision, and are used wholly at the clients own risk.
35. Terms and Conditions: Great North Lodges reserves the right to change or amend their terms and conditions at any time. The owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the lodges at any time. Any changes in terms & conditions made between print runs will appear on our website.
36. Extraordinary Circumstances Clients should be aware that the Lodges are all privately owned. Great North Lodges, as agents on behalf of the owners, accept no liability, contractual or otherwise, for events totally beyond our control, e.g. destruction of property due to flood, fire, earthquakes or acts of God; or that the property is inhabitable due to irreparable damage or on Health & Safety issues that could not reasonably have been foreseen; or because of sale or withdrawal of property by the owners. Any arising issues regarding refund of rentals in such cases, will be a matter contractually between the client and the Lodge owners.
Great North Lodges Ltd
OPL Vat registration Number: 838 792 473, AL Vat registration Number: 266 006 964. BGL Vat registration Number 179 5920 58.
OPL Vat registration Number: 838 792 473, AL Vat registration Number: 266 006 964. BGL Vat registration Number 179 5920 58.
All major credit cards accepted
Important! Payments by cheque: all cheques should be made payable to the specific Lodge you have booked, for example, "Mountain Bear Lodge".
Ian Forrester (Sole Trader) T/A Great North Lodges
Al Vat registration Number: 266 006 964
HCT Vat Registration Number: 924 437 619.
OPL Vat registration Number: 838 792 473
Tel: 01479 812 266
Tel. 01479 812 266 to BOOK NOW
Office hours 9am - 5.30pm Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri
9am - 7pm Thursday
9am - noon Saturdays
But please leave a message any time; we will call you back.