01479 812266
01479 812266

What is a Short Term Let Licence?

If you currently let out on a short-term basis or want to start you MUST have a Short Term Let Licence.

The Scottish Government brought in new legislation and the rules are different depending on how long you’ve been running your holiday let and where you are in the country.

Are you an existing host?

If you have been running a holiday let since before 1 October 2022, you can continue to operate normally but you MUST apply for your Short Term Let Licence. You can continue to take bookings and welcome guests until you are issued your licence and while your application is being processed.

Are you a new host?

If you are a NEW holiday let business who started your business after 1st October 2022, you CANNOT take bookings or guests until you have a Short Term Let Licence. It is not enough to have your application in; you must be granted your Short Term Let Licence to start operating fully, although you are allowed to advertise. 

List your proeprty with Great North Lodges and the team can help guide you through the process, see our link on our web site for more details Short-term-let-licensing

Back to all posts
This site uses cookies.
CustomiseHide Options
Read our privacy policy

This site uses cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. You can opt out of this at any time or view our full privacy policy for more information.